World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2023
In 2003, the International Labour Organization (ILO) began observing World Day to stress the importance of preventing accident and disease at work, capitalizing on the ILO’s traditional strengths of tripartism and social dialogue.
This celebration forms an integral part of the ILO’s Global Strategy on Occupational Safety and Health, as documented in the Conclusions of the International Labour Conference in June 2003. One of the main pillars of the Global Strategy is advocacy; the World Day for Safety and Health at Work is a significant tool to raise awareness of how to make work safe and healthy and of the need to raise the political profile of occupational safety and health.
The existence of a strong Health and Safety system, which includes meaningful involvement from governments, employers, workers, public health agencies and all relevant parties at national and operational level, is vital for the provision and protection of workers’ health and safety in the working environment. Issues of Health and Safety in the workplace, including their social impact, are more important than ever.
Here at V Group, our priority is to be totally compliant with the given Global guidelines, ensuring the health and safety of our employees at all our facilities.
Thus, all V Group companies have developed a Management System which fully meets the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 standards.
To emphasise the human factor, we have implemented programs to avoid accidents, such as:
- Distributing personal protective equipment
- Providing instructions for the correct Health and Safety implementation of work within the premises
- Providing resources to create a safe working environment.
In order to implement the Health and Safety strategy smoothly and seamlessly, we have taken the following actions:
- Annual planning of emergency drills
- Regular safety training and awareness for all employees
- Ongoing efforts to strengthen the culture of Health & Safety among our employees
- Establishment of contingency plans
- Provision of general safety rules, both for employees and visitors to its facilities